Pages




Family Time

Saturday, March 15, 2014

I just started this blog and I've already started slacking on my posts.  Sorry!  We've had some family things going on and that is why I haven't posted.  My three sisters and I spent about 16 hours at the hospital on Thursday while my mom was having surgery.  We found out a few months ago that she had breast cancer and this is the first step to make sure that the doctors get rid of it. 

Don't tell my mom I posted this :)
 
There were a couple of issues throughout the day.  One of the surgeons had an emergency in the morning and so the surgery was pushed off a few hours.  This made my mom very nervous and it caused her to have some heart issues which made the doctors think the surgery may have to be postponed.  Luckily everything worked out and at 2 AM she finally made it into a room was happy the first part was all over.

I have a VERY close family.  I have 3 sisters who were in high school when I was born and so at this point they all have families and kids and I have nieces and nephews running around everywhere.  I feel so lucky to have them and my mom is like my best friend.  I talk to her every day and can tell her anything.  Not everyone has that sort a relationship with their parents and so I never ever take that for granted.  

Well I'm off to the hospital to visit her.  Enjoy the beautiful weather!  Spring is almost here :) 

Make sure you have your sunglasses!


No comments:

Post a Comment