Pages




Obscure Holiday Friday - Roast Leg of Lamb Day?

Friday, May 9, 2014

So for my second installment of Obscure Holiday Friday, we celebrate.. well.. apparently it's Roast Leg of Lamb Day. Truly an obscure holiday.  So in that spirit, here is one of the highest rated recipes I could find.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/roast-leg-of-lamb-with-rosemary/

Because this is no cooking blog, I can't really do a whole post on lamb so I'll go into what it reminds me of instead.  When I was 16 I went on a trip to Ireland with my Mom and Dad because that is where my father came from.  We spent a full two weeks driving around the country seeing all the sights and visiting relatives I had never met.  (we even met a few of my Aunt's pets)  The very first place I ever had lamb was at my Aunt's house in County Clare and it. was. AMAZING.  I would go back there at a moment's notice if I had the chance.  Maybe someday I will.


It truly was a wonderful trip and I feel like I got to know my father so much better after seeing where he had come from.  He passed away a little over a year later so those really are some of my favorite memories.  He was quite a unique man and maybe one day I'll write about him a little more.  In the meantime, here is some flashback Friday for you.


And not to be forgotten, to the moms!  Here is my Mom (and bestie) saying Happy Mother's Day to all.  (yes I know I already used this photo but I love it so much and it drives her so crazy that I had to use it again) Have a fantastic weekend!




2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post. I've always wanted to go to Ireland and you just solidified it! I love reading about everyone's back story. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you had a great weekend :)

      Delete