Pages




Travel Bucket List

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I've always had a desire to travel but I was never one of those die hard travelers.  My boyfriend and I watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty on Sunday and it's got me all fired up and wanting to go everywhere I possibly can.  Has anyone seen that?  The cinematography and music combo is enough to make you want to quit your job and hop on a plane to Iceland immediately.

My 3 trips out of the country were to Belize for vacation, Bahamas for vacation, and Ireland to visit family. While I love the beachy vacations, I'm a huge fan of vacations with lots of sightseeing and activities. I'd say my top 10 (in no particular order) places I want to go are:

Switzerland
Iceland
Belgium
Australia
New Zealand
England
South Africa
Italy
The Grand Canyon
Alaska

Because I haven't been to any of those places yet, I have no pictures!  So here are some pictures from our trip to Belize last year.


We went during the rainy season and these storms would just pop out of nowhere and then be gone within 10 minutes.  Belize has the second largest barrier reef in the world and you can see the waves breaking on it in the distance.




Happy to be out of the office!


The roads aren't great so people bike everywhere.


Obviously I had to get a shot with my feet in it, right?
(Correction.  Those are my boyfriend's feet!  We had a good laugh about that one)


Sunset on the plane ride home :(  Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, in that I have the travel bug. I want to go EVERYWHERE. My top places to visit would probably be Italy, Greece, and the Figi Islands. That's just the short list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say no to any of those for sure! Especially one of those huts over the water in Fiji :)

      Delete
  2. I've been to Alaska on a cruise and it its GORGEOUS. Also Hawaii is too but I think Alaska is more so :)

    ReplyDelete